Paying for a subscribed service which gives you a monthly or weekly learning tool has to benefit you in some way, payment to long to an exclusive group comes with benefits, there is always the option to pay as you go, but the added bonus of discounts, direct contact with your educator for feedback and critic and other informative information just not available on line has to be the plus side, all available right in your own inbox. The last thing we need is to be inundated with even more news letters, promises of being rich when you follow this or that program, and a lot of sales patter and offers.
Online learning should solve 2 problems;
- in-depth learning which is inaccessible due to distance or time
- in depth learning which is on hand night or day, with continued feed back and critic.
- on line learning should give you something new to improve your business and general nail knowledge.
- on line learning should give you a different insight into something you might already know, making you look at a nail application differently or give you a new method.
- on line learning has the potential to revolutionise the industry if it is done properly, with a dedicated team to support the members and give them what they ask for.
With 2 online video workshops available today....you can see for yourself how you can update your skills without sacrificing time, money or other commitments which prevent you attending a real life workshops....don't stop your self from growing with the industry; check out this link for more info... http://www.sambiddle.co.uk/beinspired/workshops.html
As you can tell I am an avid supporter of on line learning, in fact any education in our industry is a must and I feel we should set aside hours to invest in our craft. updating skills and building our knowledge. I have been working on a solution which might just be just what your looking for too.
I can't say too much, but the launch is right around the corner, we tried with the NAIL-inar in November, which was a resounding success in some ways but highlighted problems in other areas. So I went back to the drawing board, and have come up with something stronger, simpler and more accessible, regardless of the time zone or our work schedules and finances.
Launch date is not planned until Funerary 2015, but I shall keep you updated, if you can't wait and want to be one of the first to find out what is going one, then please enter your details below and I shall add you to the list.