I wanted to create something other than flowers, butterflies and swirls with the nail art pen, and with the current trends for textures and backgrounds, these optical illusions designs are a clever way to create show stopper nails, without much effort. All you need is a nail art pen, and some black paint. For the purpose of the step by step I have kept the back ground white.
- Paint the nail with gel polish, top coat and buff off shine.
- dip your nail art pen into the black paint and draw lines diagonal across the nail, in the same direction.
- do the same in the opposite direction.
- within those squares, use the nail art pen to create smaller squares in the bottom right portion.
- for your final application, draw a line from the corner of your smaller black squares up to the corner of its larger one. this will create a box effect. then all you need to do is top coat.